Saturday, June 19, 2010

“That’s what she said”

'That's what she said' is the 'yo momma' jokes of our generation (the next iteration 'that's what yo momma said' jokes).They both basically function the same, laughter and humiliation of a target. Though, 'that's what she said' (hence forth TWSS) jokes are more insidious because they are subtle. By taking out of context what the person is saying and adding the TWSS line, you are shifting the focus of attention away from what the person said and making it humorous (there by making it harder to take the person seriously).

Every group has the TWSS person, and if you think to your group of friends and can't tell who it is...it's probably you. I'll admit, I am my groups TWSS girl. Not because I want to humiliate my friends, or because I don't take them seriously, because I do. No, my TWSS Tourette's comes from the fact that I am shy (like social phobic, two steps away from being a shut-in, shy), and even though I love and trust my friends, I still find it hard to speak up around them (for fear of sounding stupid). TWSS allows me to interject into a conversation, get some laughs, and feel included, without actually saying anything relevant.

In the big scheme of things TWSS is pretty harmless, but it got me thinking.

So I am proud to introduce....

Inappropriate 'That's What She Said' Guy! (ITWSSG, Yeah I know it's long, so sue me)


At A Funeral


Fighting Zombies




I'm thinking of making him a regular thing, because lord knows I'm good at thinking of inappropriate things.

We'll see.

.....That's what she said....

No comments:

Post a Comment