Saturday, March 24, 2012

Cats are Dicks

Let's face it... Cats, in general, are dicks.

Dogs may have an annoying constant need for attention (it is my firm belief that every dog bark conversation goes along the lines of "Hey! Hey! Look at me! Hey! I'm a DOOOOOG!"), but cats are just kinda douches on purpose.

That is not saying that I don't love my cats. I have 2: Ichi and Hime (pronounced 'E-chi' and 'Hey-get-offa-that'), and I am by far a cat person. For the most part, I don't particularly care for dogs. I make an exception for some (looking at you Tobin, Howie, Maddie, and Wicket), but in general I could take or leave them. It's something to do with the licking. Cats though, I tend get along with.

I noticed an increase in dickish behavior when we had to move our cats to our room. Ichi was not getting along with our roommates dog Howie. She for some reason thought she was some sort of kitty bad ass, and would win a fight, even though Howie could pretty much fit her entire body in his mouth. So we started keeping them in our room, and it has worked out pretty well so far, with the exception of two things.

The first thing is Hime when we try to go to sleep.

This is Hime.

Hime has decided that any part of the bed is hers. Not ours to share. Nope. Hers. That includes any body part that touches any part of 'her' bed. Why is this a problem? Because her favorite place to sleep is my or Brad's face.

It's not even that she wants to sleep close to us, no, it's that she has to 'check' before she lays down. By check I mean that she has to rub her whiskers in our face, or lick our eyeballs until we wake up. Once we do that, then she will deign to stick her butt in our face and lay down.

The other thing is Ichi's random neediness.

Ichi is a bundle of fluff and neurosis. She is not really a lap cat, and will only cuddle as long as you are petting her.

Unless I am in my computer chair.

Apparently this computer chair has some sort of magical psychotic cat attractant. It is usually only when I am trying to get something done, and usually goes something like this:

Me: *Typing away*

Ichi: *Distraction mode engaged*

Me: *Feels paw patting my leg and looks down*

-Insert suspenseful music from Jaws here-


Ichi: Hey, can I come in your lap? You're not busy or anything right?

Me: Well... actually I am trying to get some work done.

Ichi: Oh, hey, that's cool... Imma come up anyways.

Me: But internetz and writing and work!

Ichi: Nope. Now pet me bee-yotch.

Commence her jumping on my lap and me not being able to get any work done. If I put her down, the cycle starts again, but this time with *BONUS claw action,* so I usually take it as a sign that it is time for a break and pet her anyways. Until she realizes that I am paying absolutely all my attention to her and she jumps down, because her mission is now complete.

So those are my cats, and yeah they are pretty much dicks. I still love them though. I know they love me too, because what else do you call wanting to be so close to me that you sleep on my face blocking my airways or only want to cuddle when I can't, keeping me from working. That's what love is, right? Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment