Friday, October 8, 2010

The dark carnival...

I am writing this from my phone, so please excuse any grammatical errors...


I've always had a passion for the concept of a dark carnival. It seems so seductive for some reason. It is the reason that a empathize with Jim in Something Wicked this Way Comes.


Recently Brad and I reread Something Wicked, and it rekindled my fascination...and sparked one for Brad. He decided to run part of his DnD one shot in a dark carnival setting.


It inspired me. I grabbed my sketch book with the images. First in mind was the ringmaster.  I saw him tall, emaciated, with a top hat and hellish sneer. The sooth-sayer came next; with piercing eyes and a veil that hid a skeletal grin.


I showed them to Brad, and he liked them. Then he asked for a couple of custom pieces. I think the two he asked for turned out the best. I will post them later.


This game turned out to insanely fun, and intensely satisfying. I can't wait for the next part.


Until next time....this is your ringmaster, beckoning you in.....




Edit:

Here are the pic's I promised.



No comments:

Post a Comment